Julie in Michigan

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to share a post with a friend, set up an alert to be notified when the blog is updated or send me an email at julieinmichigan99@yahoo.com

Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Dark Roads by Chevy Stevens

 Wow, this kept me up reading steadily until after midnight. I had to know if the bad guy was going to get caught and stopped. Surprise twist at the end. I rarely read a book in one day, but I did it yesterday. It had me from the first page. I planned to just read the first chapter for a preview and get back to my other responsibilities and read the whole book later. I couldn't do it. After several chapters I just gave up and got comfortable on the couch and dived it. As I said, it was 12:30 when I turned the last page. 


In addition to keeping me captivated I learned a lot. I knew nothing about dirt bikes or how much of an asshole at home a cop can be. I hope that not all police officers are as much of a jerk as this cop was AND there was a good-guy cop to balance it out. 


In the end I think justice was served, unfortunately some lives were lost. The book was modeled after some real life happenings on some similar locations although they were fictionalized locations in the book.


I recommend this book if you like thrillers that keep you on the edge of your seat.

I received this book pre-publication for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment