Julie in Michigan

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to share a post with a friend, set up an alert to be notified when the blog is updated or send me an email at julieinmichigan99@yahoo.com

Wednesday, July 28, 2021

The Bookshop Murder, Flora Steele Mystery Book #1, by Merryn Allingham

 


I loved the ending. A surprise that filled me with joy for Flora. I knew the book was coming to a close as the murderer was found and loose ends were being tied up, but out of the blue, there it was. Flora’s a sweet young woman and deserves the best that life has to offer. She’s receiving it with this unexpected invitation, and I’ll be glad to hear how that unfolds for her.

The mystery was interesting, loads of suspects with good motives for a murder or two, three? Can’t say for sure, the third victim might be out there somewhere, fearful to return to the havoc he created.

I think I might have liked to hear more about life at the bookstore. But frankly with sales down due to the body being found, I understand why she needed to solve the murder to save Violet’s bookstore. No need to stay at an empty store, waiting for the police who weren’t going to do it.

Her background with her Aunt Violet was endearing and I enjoyed hearing about the memories of her younger life. Great friends in the village. And of course, Jack – they rescued each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment