Julie in Michigan

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to share a post with a friend, set up an alert to be notified when the blog is updated or send me an email at julieinmichigan99@yahoo.com

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

E-Squared


E-Squared by Pam Grout proclaims to have “nine do-it-yourself energy experiments that prove your thoughts create your reality” and she delivers! Her use of imagery in examples was excellent. I love the humor and the convenience of the appropriately named, space heater example. She tells of spending a cold night in a strange place, huddled under blankets only to awaken in the morning to find a space heater right next to the bed. All she needed to do was flip the switch… but she didn't know it was there. This was to emphasize her point, that her lack of awareness and consequential lack in that situation is much like those of us who struggle with need and desire, unaware of the energy field surrounding us, ready to respond if we will simply flip the switch.

While I didn't need more proof than I already had of the validity of her claim, I have to admit to being pleasantly surprised by the extremely easy experiments and the quick responses. My favorite was the first, the “Dude Abides Principle”.  The hypothesis was written to provide evidence of the energy force available to us. The author asks us to simply ask for a blessing within 48 hours as evidence of its reality.

The next 48 hours brought several blessings to me, all could have been discarded as coincidences (if you believe in those) but the one that provided a slice of humorous, concrete evidence was the shim.

Soon after starting the experiment a thought crossed my mind, “I need a shim”. For those of you who aren't familiar with the term, it’s commonly used in carpentry. According to the Free Dictionary, a shim is “a thin, often tapered piece of material, such as wood, stone, or metal, used to fill gaps, make something level, or adjust something to fit properly.” Since I’m not a carpenter it’s not something that I make reference to very often, although I have a few scattered around my house.  

That afternoon I left to visit a friend in a neighboring city and planned to spend the weekend. She had a few visitors in the next day for a brunch and as we were sitting discussing a myriad of topics, she turned to me and asked, “Do you need a shim?” At that she opened her hand revealing two teeny plastic shims with a hole in the fat end. They were more of a novelty item since they could be hung on a key chain. I very nearly fell out of my chair. I had not participated in more than the one single thought of needing a shim. I never wrote it on a shopping list nor mentioned it to a living soul. It was a single, isolated thought and the resultant provision was immediate and clear. Needless to say, the shim hangs on my key chain as a constant reminder of the power of a single thought.

Pam’s book is filled with experiments like this which all produced positive results for me. Her writing was clear and entertaining. She referenced leaders in the field who profess to believe in the power of our thoughts and how they create our reality, all favorites in my book. From TheCourse in Miracles to Dr. Masaru Emoto’s Water Crystals in What theBleep!? - Down the Rabbit Hole, she brought them all together.

I heartily recommend this book as a physical confirmation and reminder if you are a believer in the power of our thoughts on the energy field surrounding us.  I beg of you to read this book and perform these experiments as evidence of the unseen, if you are one who doubts its existence,  

No comments:

Post a Comment