Julie in Michigan

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to share a post with a friend, set up an alert to be notified when the blog is updated or send me an email at julieinmichigan99@yahoo.com

Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Jericho by Ann McMan


I loved this book. I listened on Audible, set the timer every night for the past few weeks and let Syd and Maddie lull me to sleep. The light hearted banter between the two women evolved from the story beginning with one apparently straight librarian and a closeted lesbian physician to full-fledged loving intimate conversations. Their friendship with a male couple accentuated the underlying attraction the two had for each other. 

They very slowly grow into a family with supportive in-laws and a five-year-old boy who is going to join and contribute to their household along with the family dog. 

I'm looking forward to the continuation of their lives in small town, Jericho, deep in a small-town Appalachian Mountain state. I just have to finish a few other books first... maybe.

I was impressed with the attention to details of their professions, librarian and physician. I also enjoyed the fact that the story developed without sex coming on the second date! The commitment was strong with both characters overcoming past challenges with relationships. Totally believable and throughly enjoyable. 

I wholeheartedly recommend this book which won an Outstanding Debut Novel.





No comments:

Post a Comment