Julie in Michigan

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to share a post with a friend, set up an alert to be notified when the blog is updated or send me an email at julieinmichigan99@yahoo.com

Monday, November 16, 2020

Tightening the Threads by Lea Wait

 


Who starts reading a mystery series with the 5th book? I just did and was not disappointed in the least. I got a clear understanding of who, what and where with the exception of Patrick's burns on his hands - I guess I'll have to go back and start with book one to find out. However, this doesn't seem like a burdensome task since I enjoyed living in Maine seaside for the past two days. Yes, I did read it that fast, difficult to set down without wondering what was going to happen next. 


I do love lobster and last night I almost had to go to the freezer and dig a tail out. Fatigue won and I'll thaw it today. I felt like I was living in this little village and was able to tag along for the Clam Bake. Unfortunately, they didn't set a place for me. I would also have been quite upset to find that one of the main characters, the aging Dad who had called his children home for his 75th birthday party, was poisoned at the bake before his will was changed. 


The story evolved around the will. His three known children were biting at the bit to get their share and could care less about any newly found niece. They would have been more upset to find there was another sibling. I didn't guess who-done-it until it was revealed. Quite a surprise. 


Oh, and most delightful, I can't leave out the chapter headings featuring verse from samplers made by young girls during the late 1700's and early to mid 1800's. Embroidery is a lost art but one I still enjoy practicing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment