Julie in Michigan

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to share a post with a friend, set up an alert to be notified when the blog is updated or send me an email at julieinmichigan99@yahoo.com

Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Murder on Location by Cathy Pegau





Brr, I got so cold hearing about the Alaskan Glaciers that I had to keep the heating pad on my feet as I devoured this book. I do enjoy hearing about Charlotte's adventures. She's become quite the mystery finder. So, knowing her, if there's a murder in this small town of our coldest state, she's probably close by.

There were a few too many characters in this story for my personal comfort. I considered keeping a score card so I could remember everybody's sage and secret, but I survived without one. Too bad for the director of the controversial film. He didn't survive. Was it a possible midnight stroll in the dark
or no accident?

At a time when we're all on the forefront of considering whether some lives are more important than others, Native Alaskans have their protests and attorneys too. It's 1920 and a hundred years later we're still facing the same issues. 

It was interesting hearing about the film industry in those olden days. However, most fascinating is Charlotte's burgeoning love affair with the handsome Deputy. It's timeless.

No comments:

Post a Comment